A Lot of lonely people have probably been super frustrated because they often feel stuck. I’ll bet some have contemplated ending it…not that they would but the frustration, and the being stuck seemed bigger than anything else. Sometimes crisis after crisis wore them out and now they forgot how to live, and maybe they never knew how but this is a good time to begin.
LIVING can begin by getting out of the house! Whether your loneliness is because you are alone or because you are misunderstood, or not heard, or frustrated just put it on the shelf and get yourself out of the door. It will hang there until you pick it up again.
LURING YOURSELF OUT
THIS IS WHY I BOUGHT A KAYAK! I bought a kayak to get me out on the water where I was still alone but I enjoyed the feeling of:
- BEING IN NATURE!!! quiet in a good way, calming, see animals on the water’s edge…you get my drift. (Or just go for a hike or a drive!) The mountain laurel in the Smoky Mountains.
- SEEING SOMETHING DIFFERENT!!!
- TAKING CONTROL OF MY TIME!!!
- SHOWING MYSELF I WAS WORTH THE EFFORT!!!
- SELF LOVE!!!
I kept it simple. I bought the one I could afford and just stayed on calm water. Talk about a change of pace…this is a good one. No car, not much money? Rent a kayak for a few hours or go on a cool group session where you put in at one spot and the business picks you up at another. If that is still out of your budget, go for a swim or get an inner tube to float on…all super relaxing. Tip…wear a hat, take water and pictures!
ANOTHER REALLY COOL THING THAT YOU CAN DO …
LEARN A NEW SKILL
- hang gliding (I have done this!) That’s me on the right with the best instructor ever…Kit at LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN HANG GLIDING near Chattanooga, TN
- sky diving (see my youtube video debrafromcookeville my sky dive)
- study a language (there are great free apps for this) I did this for awhile, it is fun. ( I think I used duoling and maybe Babbel…search it out if you are interested.
- take a cooking class (maybe meet some people?…maybe not…either way) (I hope to do this soon. Either way learn to cook something new? send me your pics!
- study the architecture around your area (this would take you to the library which is awesome!)
- learn the history of your area and maybe become a tour guide?
- plant something ( buy a pot or dig in the yard, do a whole project where you have to research it or just stroll through your local garden center picking what you like.) Join a community garden! It can be fun to watch things grow and it is your action that made a beautiful thing to look at, sit by, smell, share, enjoy. YEA YOU!!!
- I waited 2 years for this to bloom! I finally changed the lighting and WALLAH!
Now it is going crazy…this is from when it first bloomed though.
Refer to your refrigerator list (see previous post, THREE STEPS OUT OF LONELINESS) and stir up your passions. This is YOUR thing. This is about you.
MAKE SURE YOU GO FORWARD! THIS IS YOUR LIFE AND ONLY YOU CAN CHANGE IT!
It may be sad that others that you have reached out to in the past are nowhere to be found but that is on them not on you. ” My best friend told me that when people reject us that is a reflection of their heart not ours” see John 15:15 for the friend part…the rest was personal. THIS IS ABOUT WHAT YOU DO AND YOU CAN DO THIS, YOU CAN KEEP THOSE LONELY WALLS FROM CLOSING IN ! WHICH LEADS TO MY NEXT POST!!! CHANGE YOUR ATMOSPHERE!
Let me know how you are doing! Life gets better when we live on purpose:) CHEERS!